Care management services can provide your practice and patients with many benefits, including
- Additional 5% Provider Delivered Care Management uplift
- Reimbursement for activities that your practice may already be doing but not being paid for
- Reduces workload of physicians by freeing up time spent with complex patients/family, coordination of care, etc)
- Reduces readmission
- Improves coordination of care
- Improves patient satisfaction
Engrained in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Patient Centered Medical Home program, Provider Delivered Care Management is a model where care management is provided within the primary care practice by trained care managers. This model was based on studies that showed care management delivered in-person by embedded care managers within the practices are more effective than centralized care managers.