The Physician Alliance created health toolkits to provide a variety of resources focused on specific health conditions. The materials and outreach tools can help initiate conversations with patients to increase knowledge and skills for managing their health. Coding and other documents can assist with practice performance and improved quality metrics.
Practices can educate and provide resources to patients to engage them in managing their disease and reduce risks for diabetes complications. Examples of materials in the diabetes toolkit include:
• Patient education flyers on diabetes management, importance of eye exams, lowering risk of diabetes and more
• Understanding diabetic retinopathy infographic
• Social media graphics promoting diabetes management and retinal eye exams
• Coding tip sheets and more!
This toolkit focuses on educating patients on where to seek care. An unnecessary emergency department visit may lead to unneeded tests and higher out-of-pocket costs for patients. Examples of materials in the emergency department toolkit include:
• Customizable urgent care handout (to include urgent care facilities the practice partners with)
• Social media graphics
• Where to seek care infographic
• Sample script for after-hours care
• Telemedicine tips and more!
Patient outreach and ongoing communication efforts help practice staff better coordinate needed care. Examples of materials in the gaps in care toolkit include:
- Patient posters, checklists and more
- Patient action plans
- Letter template to remind patients about lapsed health appointments, screenings, etc.
- Social media graphics
The Physician Alliance members can access the quality toolkits by clicking here.